Party: Candy Bar Treat Holder

I'm on a roll ... or should I say wrap!
Today's Party Project is all about wrapping up a candy bar in a special way for an extravagant Halloween treat. Check it out!


This looks complicated, but it's actually pretty easy. You just need to get the measurements correct.
First grab some heavy paper. I used the A Muse Studio Sleepy Hollow paper. 


This is the right weight. Anything lighter and the paper won't fold correctly, or hold. Since this paper is only one-sided, I used adhesive to add a sheet of our Mysterious Manor Paper to the back. You need either double-sided paper or to do this in order to get the right look.  However, make sure you make your scores correctly, or you'll end up with the words upside down like I did. Whoops!


Here are the measurements:
Paper: 7" long, by 4.5" wide
(This will fit a standard size Snickers, Milky Way, etc)

Score at:
3/4"
2"
2 3/4"
4"

Fold up the sides, then adhere on the back side to the long side. 


As you can see above, I added a ribbon and a sentiment.


You can also shorten the length by an inch and add a smaller sentiment, or like I did above, nothing at all. You can see in this version I adhered two pieces of the Mysterious Manor together. This works, but it's still not as sturdy as our regular weight paper.

Happy Crafting!


Comments

Popular Posts