Card Swap


Today I finished up my cards for an A Muse Studio Consultant card swap. The cards above are the finished product. This was my first ever card swap. There was one at the National Conference, but I didn't really know about it ahead of time, so I didn't participate. Although, I must say crafty ladies are great and many gave me cards anyway! Amazing women!

I wanted to come up with something cute, but simple enough that I could whip up 13 cards! So this is what I came up with.


Along the way, I had a few different ideas as I was creating the card. So, not all the cards are exactly the same.
Here is the first version:

Can you spot the difference? After I made the first one, I thought "hmm, something's missing". So, I tried something different.

As you can see, I used a different color (Winter Sky) and added a bit of color on the background with a dauber. I thought, okay, but what else can I do.


So, instead of the background, I added a color (Winter Sky again) to the front of the card. This one I really liked. Then I tried adding Winter Sky to the Blueberry card front.


Not my favorite, but not bad. So, I went a different direction: Navy.


And, this is what I came up with. Navy daubed (daubered?) onto Blueberry paper mounted onto white then mounted onto Slate. I like how it turned out.
What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts