One Idea: Many Cards

It's time again for another consultant swap. I had a basic idea for a card, but wasn't sure where to go with it. Here's what I came up with.


As you can see, I used the water color technique. Our theme was Fall, so I pulled several A Muse Studio fall colors and ended up using "Heather", "Fern" and "Eucalyptus".  I didn't want to use fall leaves, because I was trying for something a bit less "typical" fall, so I used the "Fine Feathers" stamp from the new Holiday Catalog. I used Versamark to stamp the feathers then embossed with Onyx.


My basic idea after the background was to use leaves in one corner, a strip of paper then a die-cut statement. As I was stamping, I thought I would put a feather in the upper right corner as if it were flying away.


Then, I decided I wasn't thrilled with the thin strip, so I went a bit thicker and die cut the word in silver.


I thought I would give a few thin strips a try.


Here's another version. I really loved how the background looks and I think the colors blended beautifully.


Although, I do have to say the simplest card is probably my favorite. I continued with "Pebble" paper as the liner, but in between the "Vanilla" and "Pebble" I used silver. I really like how the background stands out here.


This card using "Fern", "Squash" and "Pumpkin" ink I initially dismissed. But once the ink dried, I really thought the colors look subtle and beautiful. I cut the paper into quarters then mounted onto "Pebble" paper then mounted the entire piece onto "Fern". 


What do you think? Do you like any of these cards more than another?




Comments

  1. What a great selection of cards - so lovely and I enjoyed seeing you play with different ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts